Friday, November 17, 2006

A clarification for my readers.

My sister, The Redhead, was concerned after reading my entry written earlier today. She felt it sounded bitter. "Oh!" I said, worried. "Wasn't it funny at all? I meant for it to be funny, too!" She said, "No, I'm sorry... it just sounded bitter."

I am mortified that I wrote something that sounded that way. I told her I was going to write a clarification on the blog, and she said, "WHY? Isn't that what a blog is supposed to be? A diary?" I suppose it is, but I DO want to clarify my reason for writing what I did.

I wrote that entry as kind of an "open letter" to those who have wonderful significant others-- significant others who do nice things for you and who care for and love you. You should consider yourself very lucky you have a buffer against the world out there.

If you have a significant other in your life and they've become something that you take for granted, please take a look at your behavior and adjust it. The Golden Rule applies here: "Do unto others as they do unto you."

Being alone isn't half as much fun as being in love with someone who loves and cares for you in turn. Enjoy your Other. Take care of them. This is what I was attempting to illustrate in my entry--badly, I might add.

No comments: