Saturday, April 14, 2007

God Is Great, Memsahib.

Well, dear readers, I have finally gotten a job.

I will be working for my fair city at the public works department, which includes sewer, streets and the like. I originally wanted the asphalt raking job they had open, but they filled that right away. Instead I will be their secretary/receptionist.

I've learned so many lessons this last year; I can't begin to count them. I've learned:

- That you can do without those nice cushy extras. If you've got a roof over your head and food in the fridge, you're good.
- Humilty-- it's a lifestyle.
- Don't assume the good things in your life are a constant. They can disappear tomorrow, so appreciate them.
- I've learned to shop at Wal-Mart, even though their produce sucks, because it's cheaper than anywhere else.
- Most importantly, having faith in the future is the most valuable thing you can possess.

Thanks to my friends and family (particularly The Brunette who gave me a heads-up on this new job) during this last year. Without you, I would have been living in my car. That would have sucked.

1 comment:

The Scarlet Pervygirl said...

Damn. That asphalt-raking job sounded really good, too. Out there in all that fresh air . . .

Seriously, I am so, so happy and relieved for you. Congratulations.