Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Well, I'll Be Damned.

I don't have a fucking "error on this page" message, so I can actually post something from the computer in my home, rather than have to create the blog in Word, send it to my email address, then post it from one of my sisters' computers.

Tonight I want to write of my 12 year-old nephew G.

G and I spent this last weekend together as his parents were in L.A. on business, and we basically did stuff we both like to do, which is eat at restaurants and watch videos. He is the coolest little kid you could imagine. I call him "My Little Zen Boy", because he is calm and insightful-- a little Buddha minus the 20% body fat.

G's taste in music is exceptional (thanks to his equally cool Dad, he of the 5,000+ CD collection) and he likes to listen to Led Zeppelin, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beatles, and most lovely of all, one of his new favorite albums "Madman Across the Water" by Elton John, a big family favorite. He's a third-level junior blackbelt, gets good grades in school, has a large posse of friends who look up to him as leader of their pack. He's a pacifist, sensitive, thoughtful and creative, and like most boys his age, opposed to taking showers. One of his greatest gifts is that of mimicry; the child can imitate any accent, tone of voice or voice inflection. Our favorite video this weekend was "SNL Best of Will Farrell", and for the rest of the weekend, G spouted off perfect renditions of Harry Caray expressing his lust for spareribs and the catchphrase "Goulet!"

What a wonder that such a highly-evolved creature is related to me. I am truly thankful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a lump in my throat, as I too think he is mahvelous. Thanks! He had fun too.
-the Redhead